Perfectly Chocolate Cake Bites
HERSHEY'S Cocoa, Natural (Item# 63505)
|CAKE||4 cups (2 lbs.)||sugar||3-1/2 cups (1 lb. 2 oz.)||all-purpose flour||1-1/2 cups (6 oz.)||HERSHEY'S Cocoa, Natural (Item# 63505)||3 tsp.||baking powder||3 tsp.||baking soda||2 tsp.||salt||4 whole (7 oz.)||eggs||2 cups (16 oz.)||milk||1 cup (8 oz.)||vegetable oil||4 tsp.||vanilla extract||2 cups (16 oz.)||boiling water||PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE FROSTING||2 cups (1 lb.)||butter or margarine||2-2/3 cups (10 oz.)||HERSHEY'S Cocoa, Natural (Item# 63505)||12 cups (3 lbs.)||powdered sugar||1-1/3 cups (10-1/2 oz.)||milk||4 tsp.||vanilla extract|
- Heat convection oven to 300°F (standard oven: 350°F). Line one 13x18x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending over edges; grease and flour foil.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE CAKE: Stir together sugar, flour, HERSHEY'S Cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes* or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in HERSHEY'S Cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
- Use foil to lift cake out of pan; remove foil. Split cake in half horizontally. Place 1 half cake layer back in pan (cake may break apart while transferring). Press cake layer gently in bottom of pan. Spread 4 cups frosting over cake layer; place remaining cake layer on top, pressing gently. Spread remaining frosting on top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish as desired.