HEATH Toffee Bits, medium grind (Item# 60550)
SERVING SIZE : ABOUT 10 DOZEN COOKIES
- 3 cups (1 lb. 8 oz.) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups (1 lb. 5 oz.) shortening
- 6 cups (3 lbs.) sugar
- 12 whole (21 oz.) eggs
- 16 cups (5 lbs.) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 cups (2 lbs. 8 oz.) HEATH Toffee Bits, medium grind (Item# 60550)
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 oz.) additional sugar for rolling
- Heat convection oven to 350°F (standard oven: 400°F). Lightly spray sheet pans with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared sheet pans.
- Combine butter, shortening and sugar in large bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until fluffy. Add eggs; mix thoroughly. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in HEATH Toffee Bits.
- Stir together cinnamon and additional sugar in large bowl; set aside. Portion cookie dough with #20 scoop; roll each scoop in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes* or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on sheets 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.