Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Scones
HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 1000 ct. (Item# 61125)
|6-1/2 cups (2 lbs.)||all-purpose flour||1 cup (8 oz.)||granulated sugar||2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp.||baking powder||1/2 tsp.||salt||4 cups (1 lb. 8 oz.)||HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 1000 ct. (Item# 61125)||1 cup (5 oz.)||chopped nuts (optional)||4 cups (32 oz.)||chilled whipping cream||1/4 cup (2 oz.)||butter, melted||--||Additional granulated sugar||--||Powdered sugar (optional)|
- Heat convection oven to 325°F (standard oven: 375°F). Lightly spray sheet pans with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared sheet pans.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Stir in HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and nuts, if desired.
- Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, mixing just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into six equal balls. Cover with plastic wrap. Working with one ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles.* Repeat with remaining dough sections.
- Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 10 to 20 minutes** or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.
**If using convection oven, rotate pans one-half turn (180°) after 7 minutes of baking.