HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips (Item# 42663)
|16 cups (5 lbs.)||plain white cake mix (without pudding in the mix)|
|2 cups (1 lb.)||unsalted butter, softened|
|10 whole (18 oz.)||eggs|
|5 cups (1 lb. 9 oz.)||all-purpose flour|
|4 cups (1 lb. 8 oz.)||HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips (Item# 42663)|
|8 Tbsp.||lemon zest|
|2 Tbsp.||lemon extract|
|WHITE CHIP GLAZE (optional)|
|2 cups (12 oz.)||HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips (Item# 42663)|
|2 Tbsp.||shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)|
- Heat convection oven to 300°F (standard oven: 350°F). Lightly spray sheet pans with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared sheet pans.
- Prepare BISCOTTI: With paddle attachment, mix together dry cake mix, butter, eggs and flour in large bowl of mixer. Mix on low speed 4 minutes. Add HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips, lemon zest and lemon extract; continue mixing on low speed 1 minute or until well combined.
- Divide dough into five equal parts (approximately 2 lbs. each). Shape each part into a rectangular log approximately 2 inches in diameter and 24 inches long by 1/2-inch thick. Place on prepared sheet pans, at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes* or until logs are set. Remove from oven; cool on sheet pans 20 minutes. Using serrated knife, cut logs diagonally using a sawing motion, into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices, standing upright 1/4-inch apart, onto parchment-lined full sheet pans.
- Bake 8 minutes** or until cookies are golden brown (do not overbake). Remove from oven; cool on sheet pans approximately 15 minutes.
- Prepare WHITE CHIP GLAZE, if desired: Combine HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips and shortening in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted. Dip each biscotti into white chip glaze as desired; place on parchment paper-lined sheet pans. Allow to dry completely.
**If using convection oven, rotate pans one-half turn (180°) after 4 minutes baking.