Chewy Toffee Almond Bars
HEATH Toffee Bits, medium grind (Item# 60550)
SERVING SIZE : 72 to 92 bars
- 4 cups (2 lbs.) butter, softened
- 2 cups (1 lb.) sugar
- 8 cups (2 lbs. 8 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 5-1/3 cups (2 lbs.) HEATH Toffee Bits, medium grind (Item# 60550)
- 3 cups (36 oz.) light corn syrup
- 4 cups (14 oz.) sliced almonds, divided
- 3 cups (9 oz.) sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- Heat convection oven to 300°F (standard oven: 350°F). Lightly spray one 18x26-inch full sheet pan with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared pan.
- Mix butter and sugar in bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until fluffy. Gradually add flour, mixing until well blended. Press dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Meanwhile, combine HEATH Toffee Bits and corn syrup in large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes). Stir in 2 cups almonds and 2 cups coconut. Spread toffee mixture to within 1/4-inch of edges of crust. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups almonds and remaining 1 cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes* or until bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.