Candy Sugar Snaps
Made with JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)
SERVING SIZE : 6 dozen cookies
- SUGAR SNAP COOKIES
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 oz.) granulated sugar
- 2 whole (3-1/2 oz.) eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 lb.) sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)
- Warm water
- Additional granulated sugar for dipping
- 3-1/2 cups (14 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. (1 oz.) corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) water
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) Additional JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)
- Heat convection oven to 300°F (standard oven: 350°F). Lightly spray sheet pans with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared sheet pans.
- Prepare SUGAR SNAP COOKIES: Mix together butter and sugar in large bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until fluffy; add egg(s) and vanilla, blending thoroughly. Stir together sifted flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces.
- Using #60 scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on prepared sheet pans. Dip bottom of 2-inch round glass in warm water; then dip in additional dish of granulated sugar. Flatten about 2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes* or until cookies are firm and light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from sheet pans to wire rack.
- Prepare ICING: Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup and water in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Using a pastry bag, frost cookies; decorate immediately with additional JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces, pressing slightly.