JOLLY RANCHER Candy Sugar Snaps
Made with JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)
|SUGAR SNAP COOKIES|
|6 oz. (3/4 cup)||butter or margarine, softened|
|12 oz. (1-1/2 cups)||granulated sugar|
|3-1/2 oz. (2 whole)||eggs|
|1-1/2 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1 lb. (4 cups)||sifted all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp.||baking powder|
|3 oz. (1/2 cup)||JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)|
|--||Additional granulated sugar for dipping|
|14 oz. (3-1/2 cups)||powdered sugar|
|1 oz. (1-1/2 Tbsp.)||corn syrup|
|2 oz. (1/4 cup)||water|
|3 oz. (1/2 cup)||Additional JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces (Item# 23522)|
- Heat convection oven to 300°F (standard oven: 350°F). Lightly spray sheet pans with vegetable cooking spray. Place parchment paper on prepared sheet pans.
- Prepare SUGAR SNAP COOKIES: Mix together butter and sugar in large bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until fluffy; add eggs and vanilla, blending thoroughly. Stir together sifted flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces.
- Using #60 scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on prepared sheet pans. Dip bottom of 2-inch round glass in warm water; then dip in additional dish of granulated sugar. Flatten about 2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes* or until cookies are firm and light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from sheet pans to wire rack.
- Prepare ICING: Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup and water in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Using a pastry bag, frost cookies; decorate immediately with additional JOLLY RANCHER Candy Pieces, pressing slightly.